Chou
Be A Member. Sign Up or Login <3 Come Join Our Peaceful Paradise.
Chou
Be A Member. Sign Up or Login <3 Come Join Our Peaceful Paradise.
Chou
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for members of Chou to interact outside of Mabinogi. Our outside Paradise.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shoot The Sun

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sokkun
Admin
Sokkun

Prowess Point : 29532
God's Blessing : 4038

Shoot The Sun     Empty
PostSubject: Shoot The Sun    Shoot The Sun     I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 3:34 pm

The sky is falling, the sky is falling! Witnesses have reported that the sun is falling in the plateau between Maiz Prairie and Muyu Desert!

When you make your way to the area, you will find Li Bai, the poet. You will discover that it is not the sun that is falling, but in fact, a giant fire sprite! You'll need to defeat the falling sprite. If the fire sprite is not defeated within a half an hour of its appearance, it will disappear.

Because the giant sprite is a flying monster, only ranged weapons and attacks will be able to reach the target. If you do not have ranged abilities, Li Bai will provide you with a bow and a bundle of arrows.

The reward for defeating the falling sun can be a number of items. Moon Cakes are reward items that provide 100 Strength, 100 HP, and 100 Stamina! There are also Special Moon Cakes which provide TWICE the amount of stat gains: 200 Strength, 200 HP, and 200 Stamina! Another reward item is an accessory-class item called Moon Charm that provides 2 Defense and 1 Protection.

The Shoot the Sun Event will run through October 12.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/aznboi88
Sokkun
Admin
Sokkun

Shoot The Sun     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoot The Sun    Shoot The Sun     I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 11:14 am

I didn't know this but if you use your pet to help fight they also get a reward if they are still there when the Giant Fire Sprite is killed.
Back to top Go down
!xCero

!xCero

Prowess Point : 15084
God's Blessing : 50

Shoot The Sun     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoot The Sun    Shoot The Sun     I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 12:49 pm

They do? I was trying that out and I didn't have that work... Maybe I was looking at the wrong spot. Sometimes the drops don't land exactly where we are standing anyway.

OK I tested it out and it doesn't work but... Someone told me it has to do with a glitch for your pets... If you do it, they can get drops too o.0 Anyone able to elaborate?

Found it. Actually heard it a couple days ago and just never tried it while smacking the sun senseless. I originally thought it was just having your pet hit at least once while summoned to get a drop.

1) Log in as your pet.
2) Hit the sun as your pet.
3) Log back in as your character.
4) Hit the sun as your character.
5) 2 drops will fall as the sun dies.

The main drawback to this is that the suns get killed too quickly to achieve the best case scenario: 14 drops per situation. There is also the lag factor that you'd need to put in. This whole thing might work well when the server isn't too busy though. Unless your computer can run Vindictus and/or Dragon Nest at maximum graphics, it's not worth trying.
Back to top Go down
Sokkun
Admin
Sokkun

Shoot The Sun     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoot The Sun    Shoot The Sun     I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 6:33 am

Lol too much hassle...btw ch4 "sun" is broken v.v so every1 starts on ch5 now
Back to top Go down
!xCero

!xCero

Shoot The Sun     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoot The Sun    Shoot The Sun     I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 12:54 am

Whoo~ got to complete Birnam Plate and Trinity (F) set. cheers

Now I just need a Volcano Cylinder to drop to complete my Alchemist weapon set...

Maybe the rest of Hebona set for the random Circlet I got too... Mad
Back to top Go down
Sokkun
Admin
Sokkun

Shoot The Sun     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoot The Sun    Shoot The Sun     I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 4:22 am

Dx dood WHY ARE U SO LUCKY?!?! ;~;
Back to top Go down
!xCero

!xCero

Shoot The Sun     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoot The Sun    Shoot The Sun     I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 1:38 am

Sokkun wrote:
Dx dood WHY ARE U SO LUCKY?!?! ;~;

I wasn't... I sold stuff and drops I didn't need to complete those armor sets and those cylinders, lol. Out of the Birnam set, I only got the armor and boots (I think, I don't remember) from drop. For the Trinity (F) set, I got only the wear from drop. As for the cylinders, Sun was only kind enough to give me Earthquake and Hurricane. I've spent around... 13.3m to get all those. All the chats were down so I was pretty blurry on prices. I figured I should just pay well enough to get the items I wanted. Speaking of buying & selling, anyone wanna buy a 2/4 Trinity Wear (M) and 2/3 Trinity Shoes? =/
Back to top Go down
Sokkun
Admin
Sokkun

Shoot The Sun     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoot The Sun    Shoot The Sun     I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 11:09 am

How much we talking about in price Cero? For the Trinity set male
Back to top Go down
Pikochu

Pikochu

Prowess Point : 15516
God's Blessing : 61

Shoot The Sun     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoot The Sun    Shoot The Sun     I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 4:14 pm

Please tell me you didn't already sell or have plans for the Trinity wear (F).
Back to top Go down
http://piko-komorika.tumblr.com/
!xCero

!xCero

Shoot The Sun     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoot The Sun    Shoot The Sun     I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 2:20 am

Oh btw, I found an easy solution to bypass all the lag of everyone thuggin' on The Ninth Sun, in addition to minimize, hide names, etc. It's really simple and I should have thought of it before: Lower the resolution to the lowest setting, lol. Now there is almost no lag for me. I was even able to have my pet get a drop too when the server isn't very busy.

Sokkun wrote:
How much we talking about in price Cero? For the Trinity set male

Oh... Sorry, already sold it... It was just the wear and shoes though. The male set wasn't complete.

Pikochu wrote:
Please tell me you didn't already sell or have plans for the Trinity wear (F).

Well... I'm having my Elf use it. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Pikochu

Pikochu

Prowess Point : 15516
God's Blessing : 61

Shoot The Sun     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoot The Sun    Shoot The Sun     I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 7:50 am

Ah... alrighty.
Back to top Go down
http://piko-komorika.tumblr.com/
!xCero

!xCero

Shoot The Sun     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoot The Sun    Shoot The Sun     I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 12:37 am

Looks like my luck's dried up. Best thing I'm getting nowadays is a stack of Holy Water.
Back to top Go down
Sokkun
Admin
Sokkun

Shoot The Sun     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoot The Sun    Shoot The Sun     I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:15 pm

Before this event end...I been looking for the conductor of the rapetrain...and BOT BOMBING THEM MUAHAHHA.
Back to top Go down
!xCero

!xCero

Shoot The Sun     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoot The Sun    Shoot The Sun     I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 10:54 am

Looool o.0
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shoot The Sun     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoot The Sun    Shoot The Sun     I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shoot The Sun
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chou :: Mabinogi Events and Notices-
Jump to: