Chou
Be A Member. Sign Up or Login <3 Come Join Our Peaceful Paradise.
Chou
Be A Member. Sign Up or Login <3 Come Join Our Peaceful Paradise.
Chou
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for members of Chou to interact outside of Mabinogi. Our outside Paradise.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Novel Idea :D

Go down 
+2
!xCero
Klarrann
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Klarrann
Admin
Klarrann

Prowess Point : 21576
God's Blessing : 538

Novel Idea :D Empty
PostSubject: Novel Idea :D   Novel Idea :D I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 11:45 pm

So I've been feeling the urge to write, and here is what I came up with, a small synopsis Very Happy read it and tell me what you think Very Happy

Typically, children are taught how to feel, from the moment they are born, they are taught to feel pain. A simple smack on the bottom to ensure they are capable of feeling. And throughout their life, they will learn a variety of emotions; cherishment, beloved, excitement, achievement, disappointment and so on. This isn’t the case for one young man. Aside from feeling pain on his bottom after his birth, he has yet to learn the various emotions exhibited by other children. You see, his parents were very successful and very influential people in the world of business, they married merely as an act to expand their sphere of influence. Aside from consummating their marriage they rarely interacted, and for the few times they do, it would only involve a matter concerning their business. As their child, and heir to their vast riches, they educated him extensively on the inner workings of business, Mathematics, English, Communications and Foreign Languages. Everything in the young man’s life was organized by his parents, and thus, he was never given a chance to learn about emotions, a hollow shell, but he exhibited emotions nonetheless, although he didn’t understand or comprehend them. In his early 20’s, while driving to a meeting, he ran into a girl, who would turn his entire world upside down. Her carefree life style, her warm and welcoming smile, her optimism towards life despite her upbringing, her ambitious and fiery spirit ignited the young man’s true emotions. Every second with her is a new adventure, and the young man is overwhelmed by all the emotions he didn’t knew he had, he learns more about himself, what he really likes, what he really want to do, to lead his own life.
Back to top Go down
!xCero

!xCero

Prowess Point : 14994
God's Blessing : 50

PostSubject: Re: Novel Idea :D   Novel Idea :D I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 11:17 pm

Hm... Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Klarrann
Admin
Klarrann

PostSubject: Re: Novel Idea :D   Novel Idea :D I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 1:52 am

And I already have the title! Nouvelle Vie! French for New Life. Very Happy and I will start the story with the parents upbringing and how they got to where they are, and later have the same aspects shown in their son! eheheheh hahaha gunna be suuuuch a long and interesting story Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Akayame

Akayame

Prowess Point : 14806
God's Blessing : 83

PostSubject: Re: Novel Idea :D   Novel Idea :D I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 3:42 pm

souunds like a great idea, get to work ^o^ T_-
Back to top Go down
Luta

Luta

Prowess Point : 12192
God's Blessing : 15

PostSubject: Re: Novel Idea :D   Novel Idea :D I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 3:54 am

Klarrann wrote:
So I've been feeling the urge to write, and here is what I came up with, a small synopsis Very Happy read it and tell me what you think Very Happy

Typically, children are taught how to feel, from the moment they are born, they are taught to feel pain. A simple smack on the bottom to ensure they are capable of feeling. And throughout their life, they will learn a variety of emotions; cherishment, beloved, excitement, achievement, disappointment and so on. This isn’t the case for one young man. Aside from feeling pain on his bottom after his birth, he has yet to learn the various emotions exhibited by other children. You see, his parents were very successful and very influential people in the world of business, they married merely as an act to expand their sphere of influence. Aside from consummating their marriage they rarely interacted, and for the few times they do, it would only involve a matter concerning their business. As their child, and heir to their vast riches, they educated him extensively on the inner workings of business, Mathematics, English, Communications and Foreign Languages. Everything in the young man’s life was organized by his parents, and thus, he was never given a chance to learn about emotions, a hollow shell, but he exhibited emotions nonetheless, although he didn’t understand or comprehend them. In his early 20’s, while driving to a meeting, he ran into a girl, who would turn his entire world upside down. Her carefree life style, her warm and welcoming smile, her optimism towards life despite her upbringing, her ambitious and fiery spirit ignited the young man’s true emotions. Every second with her is a new adventure, and the young man is overwhelmed by all the emotions he didn’t knew he had, he learns more about himself, what he really likes, what he really want to do, to lead his own life.

OHHHHH KLAR!!! A love story?!? You big teddy bear~~~I never knew this side of you XD. Well I have read many of those too so bring it on and let's see
what you're made of (probably fluff unless this story emits burning passion and true tear jerker moments but we'll see....) Good luck, I wanna see some kind of progress soon.
Back to top Go down
Klarrann
Admin
Klarrann

PostSubject: Re: Novel Idea :D   Novel Idea :D I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 12:10 pm

Hehehehe, I've come up with pieces, I'll just have to put them together at some point, heres a rough draft of what i've gotten so far xDDD Now remember I do intend to add the parents story of how they cam to be so stoic, but I'm mainly focusing on the prest time atm.

Oh! Taking Boron's suggestion, I did change th characters names from Michael and Kristal to Eric and Ariel Razz

Nouvelle Vie Draft
Male Lead: Eric
Description: Only son and heir to (family name or corporation) riches

Female Lead: Ariel
Description: Carefree, adventurous, short tempered but very loving.

Eric’s Dad: James
Description: The youngest of 3 children, after their parents died, James witnessed his oldest sister sacrifice to keep them clothed and fed and his older brother beaten to death. In his teenage years, a “business man” saw potential in the James and took him under his wing.

Eric’s Mom: Helen
Description: Daughter of the “business man” who adopted James. Fell in love with James at first sight.

Idea 1: Eric enters a contract with his father, giving him 5 years to live on his own, and if he isn’t able to achieve his goals, he will live and abide by his father’s rule and his rule alone.
Idea 2: Eric meet’s Ariel on a busy street, while Eric was heading to lunch, he saw an elderly woman struggling to cross the street who he blatantly ignored. After Eric crossed the street, a young girl came to the elderly woman’s aid and helped her cross the street, after making sure the woman was alright young girl proceeded to scold Eric for his behavior. Eric unable to understand her philosophy, and as onlookers stopped to watch, Eric began to feel warm on his cheeks, and his heart began to race. “Flustered” he tried to get out of the situation he retorted to the girl and tried to justify his actions, which only earned a slap in the face from the girl as she ordered him to apologize to the elderly woman. Overwhelmed by all these new feelings he have never felt before, he burst into a hardy laugh and happily apologized to the elderly woman. This was his first encounter with Ariel and one he will never forget.

Back to top Go down
Luta

Luta

PostSubject: Re: Novel Idea :D   Novel Idea :D I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 2:49 pm

Klarrann wrote:
Hehehehe, I've come up with pieces, I'll just have to put them together at some point, heres a rough draft of what i've gotten so far xDDD Now remember I do intend to add the parents story of how they cam to be so stoic, but I'm mainly focusing on the prest time atm.

Oh! Taking Boron's suggestion, I did change th characters names from Michael and Kristal to Eric and Ariel Razz

Nouvelle Vie Draft
Male Lead: Eric
Description: Only son and heir to (family name or corporation) riches

Female Lead: Ariel
Description: Carefree, adventurous, short tempered but very loving.

Eric’s Dad: James
Description: The youngest of 3 children, after their parents died, James witnessed his oldest sister sacrifice to keep them clothed and fed and his older brother beaten to death. In his teenage years, a “business man” saw potential in the James and took him under his wing.

Eric’s Mom: Helen
Description: Daughter of the “business man” who adopted James. Fell in love with James at first sight.

Idea 1: Eric enters a contract with his father, giving him 5 years to live on his own, and if he isn’t able to achieve his goals, he will live and abide by his father’s rule and his rule alone.
Idea 2: Eric meet’s Ariel on a busy street, while Eric was heading to lunch, he saw an elderly woman struggling to cross the street who he blatantly ignored. After Eric crossed the street, a young girl came to the elderly woman’s aid and helped her cross the street, after making sure the woman was alright young girl proceeded to scold Eric for his behavior. Eric unable to understand her philosophy, and as onlookers stopped to watch, Eric began to feel warm on his cheeks, and his heart began to race. “Flustered” he tried to get out of the situation he retorted to the girl and tried to justify his actions, which only earned a slap in the face from the girl as she ordered him to apologize to the elderly woman. Overwhelmed by all these new feelings he have never felt before, he burst into a hardy laugh and happily apologized to the elderly woman. This was his first encounter with Ariel and one he will never forget.

Lol, time to shoot this birdie down, I'll give you a spoonful of brutal honesty but remember I'm not trying to offend you, just give feedback.

Problem 1: You mentioned earlier that James and Helen married solely for the purpose of business and expanding sphere of influence, now you mention that Helen fell in love with James so decide what you want.

Problem 2: Idea 1 can go somewhere, but why did Eric suddenly decide to go out to achieve his "goals". I want some background on how this came to be in the first place, SOMETHING must have triggered him to find this "goal", right now it's not mentioned.

Problem 3: Meet Arial on a busy street....lol where do I begin with this? Eric is supposed to be a hollow shell, which means he probably had been home-schooled by the best tutors (since he's super rich) and never has stepped out of his house in order to lack emotions or knowledge possessed by socializing with outsiders. Do you see where I'm getting at?

It's a start but the foundation really needs a bit of work. Eric reminds me so much of Siddhartha Gotama (the buddha). His father was a Brahman so he was very rich and respected, his dad kept Siddhartha very sheltered from the impurities of outside by bathing in the luxuries of palace life. Reason for this was because a fortune teller/monk told the father that one day Siddhartha can either become a great king or a Holy man. Of course the father wanted his son to be a king and thus shielded him from religious things. Read more at this site, hopefully it can give you some inspiration: http://buddhism.about.com/od/lifeofthebuddha/a/buddhalife.htm
This is a true story btw, and the buddha was a REAL person but that's not the point here, the point is you have to create a good background story before anything. Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
Klarrann
Admin
Klarrann

PostSubject: Re: Novel Idea :D   Novel Idea :D I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 10:54 pm

tytyty, im familiar with the story Razz and yea, of course i thought about those too, but think about it, from the point of view of Eric, thats seems to be the only reason, it is assumed. but how did james and helen become so stoic? how can ppl suddenly lose emotions, something must have became a drive, i obviously havent thought of it yet otherwise the story would have been written already James and helen's story wil be more just more xD xD the parents story will come in alter, but atm its jsut going to be Eric and Ariels, and of coruse the whole busy street deal, will need to be figrued out, for example, his car breaks down, he forgets his phone something happened that suddenly isolated him for an hr or 2, which then led him to this particular encounter. Very Happy im thinking of his goal as, to become some sort of musician, say ariel takes him to a concert, and he is in awe of his these musicians are able to portray all their emotions in their songs, and thus begins his aspirations Very Happy heheheh i do like that we are on the same page tho ;D I'll hvae more soon!
Back to top Go down
Luta

Luta

PostSubject: Re: Novel Idea :D   Novel Idea :D I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 11:02 pm

Klarrann wrote:
tytyty, im familiar with the story Razz and yea, of course i thought about those too, but think about it, from the point of view of Eric, thats seems to be the only reason, it is assumed. but how did james and helen become so stoic? how can ppl suddenly lose emotions, something must have became a drive, i obviously havent thought of it yet otherwise the story would have been written already James and helen's story wil be more just more xD xD the parents story will come in alter, but atm its jsut going to be Eric and Ariels, and of coruse the whole busy street deal, will need to be figrued out, for example, his car breaks down, he forgets his phone something happened that suddenly isolated him for an hr or 2, which then led him to this particular encounter. Very Happy im thinking of his goal as, to become some sort of musician, say ariel takes him to a concert, and he is in awe of his these musicians are able to portray all their emotions in their songs, and thus begins his aspirations Very Happy heheheh i do like that we are on the same page tho ;D I'll hvae more soon!

Well take your time lol. I'm expecting something juicy the next time you post another chunk, hopefully your ideas start to take on a concrete form and you can work from there. Laters.
Back to top Go down
Ladygiggles

Ladygiggles

Prowess Point : 12116
God's Blessing : 3

PostSubject: Re: Novel Idea :D   Novel Idea :D I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 6:18 pm

sounds interesting. somewhat like 50 shades of grey. any raunchy scenes? LMAO post progress I would like to read it. FYI im a major book worm.
Back to top Go down
Kureino

Kureino

Prowess Point : 12473

PostSubject: Re: Novel Idea :D   Novel Idea :D I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 6:23 pm

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Very Happy I love the character name change XD You going to post a rough draft up pretty soon?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Novel Idea :D   Novel Idea :D I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Novel Idea :D
Page 1 of 1