Chou
Be A Member. Sign Up or Login <3 Come Join Our Peaceful Paradise.
Chou
Be A Member. Sign Up or Login <3 Come Join Our Peaceful Paradise.
Chou
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for members of Chou to interact outside of Mabinogi. Our outside Paradise.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mabinogi Generation 1 - Chapter 2: The Butterflies and the Wolf

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pikochu

Pikochu

Prowess Point : 15582
God's Blessing : 61

Mabinogi Generation 1 - Chapter 2: The Butterflies and the Wolf Empty
PostSubject: Mabinogi Generation 1 - Chapter 2: The Butterflies and the Wolf   Mabinogi Generation 1 - Chapter 2: The Butterflies and the Wolf I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 6:31 pm

“Then, does that mean…?”
“Yes it does… you’ve been promoted to scout status!”
“Yes! Yeah yeah… what does a scout do?”
I looked onto the merriment being displayed before me as if I weren’t even standing there. I felt like I should say something too, especially with this… oh wait a minute. This coiled band on my wrist, he called me something when he put it on…
“!!” words… were not the first thing to leave my mouth. In fact, I was having a hard time looking for the right ones to say. I’ve never been told of a situation like this before.
Bandits? Easy.
Angry animals? No problem.
Seemingly normal people who refer to each other as words like “Pet”? No, never.
“Wh-what do you mean pet?!” I finally regained enough composure to attempt a fight back. All at once the celebration around the newly coroneted scout ceased and attention turned to me. The cloaked was the first to speak up not long after.
“That means, whether you like it or not, you’re the new ‘mascot’” her line of vision darted to the man that put the coiled band on me. “His, or his brother’s, plaything essentially.”
“And now mine too!” the scout tackled me... or hugged. I can’t tell, still taking this all in.
“In any case, that means you now travel with us,” she, the one in black, spoke again, while getting closer. She placed her hand on my shoulder with a surprisingly brittle grasp. “Work hard and stay energetic. It’ll help.”
Not sure if that was words of encouragement or pity... probably the latter. With the exception of this girl hugging me like a stuffed toy though, I was confused what’s holding me back from just running away. Moreover, who even are these guys?
Of the two girls, one was dressed as if she always were attending a funeral. She wore the same grimace as when I first got here and seemed a lot more serious than the others. The other girl, the one who dragged me here, wore a jacket, a short skirt, and a scarf. Contrary to the one in black, she was smiling most of the time with a seemingly ditzy way of carrying on.
And this man, he has the eyes of somebody who has seen some serious action, but the smile of somebody who is easy to make laugh.
They have nothing in common whatsoever...
“Who the hell even are you guys?” I asked with a struggle. The first and almost immediate response was a chuckle.
“When you ask for nature’s mightiest warrior, what do you expect to see?” The black-haired man had asked. “The cunning fox? The brawny bear? We say no to both!”
“We are the unnoticed force that travels and brings with it domain and prosperous feelings!” The girl holding onto me joined in on his speech. “We are the kingdom that doesn’t sit still, that only makes you a duck!”
“WE ARE” They both turned their attention to the cloaked one, expecting her to finish it. She simply pinched her sinus in response and reluctantly adhered to their request.
“Chou.” She said. The other two jumped behind her and began wildly waving their arms and making sound effects with their voices. What an odd group... but even then, I should be running now. I climbed onto my feet and turned around to run... but my path was cut short.
“Wah!”
“Watch it there!” As I tried backing up from my roadblock, I felt my feet trip and gravity was swift to take over.

And it was dark. I’ve never exactly been one to be afraid of the dark; it’s one of my favourite things to be exact. When it’s dark out, all the craziness dies out and everyone runs off to bed. It’s peaceful, and a great need sometimes when all you do is run. Some people say you need to see darkness to appreciate light. For me, it’s the complete opposite.
It’s warm; it’s welcoming, it... smells tasty?
I began to come to, and when I opened my eyes the sun had almost completely dipped beneath the horizon, giving way for Eweca and Ladeca to rise. Apparently, I was still where I have been dragged to, but something was different.
“Is it ready yet?”
“No.”
“When will it be?”
“Ahhh, just a bit longer...”
The foursome was talking amongst themselves around the fire where a pot of bubbling something sat. From the distance I was lying, they looked like a close knit family compared to the hyper-active children from earlier. I’m not really sure if it’s the fire there, or the fact that they all looked so comfortable around each other that made the image so mesmerizing.
“Hey, girl,” Suddenly, one of them addressed me, as if he knew I was awake.
“Who are you guys...?” I asked.
“We answered that already, and I wanted to ask you the same.”
“...Taiga. My name’s Taiga.” The one who was talking to me was the roadblock from before. There was something about his eyes that just... felt trustworthy. He looked away from me and back onto the fire.
“Welcome to my kingdom, my awesome kingdom of butterflies. I’m Klarrann.”
Butterflies? Kingdom? But he only has... not counting himself, 3 followers. And butterflies?
“While we have you in a better mood, I’m Sokk, the fathead’s brother and co-leader of the kingdom,” said the guy with the piercing gaze, chuckling lightly.
“Watch it, jester...” Klarrann fired back. They glared at one another for but a moment before grinning. Do they speak with their eyes, or are they just idiots...?
“I’m Piko, so very nice to meet you!” glasses girl enthusiastically jumped forward and saluted. “Taiga, we’re going to be such best buddies, maybe even sisters, I’m sure of it!”
“Ah...” Don’t even know how to respond. Before I had a chance though, she turned her attention to the girl in black, as if expecting something.
“What?”
“Go on, Kaya. Your turn!”
“Ugh...” reluctantly, she faced me. “I’m Kaya. Don’t get in my way.” How blunt... “If you do, you’re as good as dead.” Very blunt!
So this team is... two brothers that speak a language of their own, and hate each other
A girl who seems very happy about everything but messes up
And a girl with a temper
“Ppfff... haha...” and then there’s me. I grew up in this sleepy town acting as their chore person. I’m absolutely normal, so what do they see in me?
“She thinks you’re funny, Kaya! Say something threatening to her again!”
“Quiet...”
“Haha, our little magician is also a comedian, whouda thought!”
“I mean it, quiet! Don’t you idiots hear that rustling!” The mood quickly changed, the laughter died and the group turned their attention to the thicket. As Kaya claimed, there was indeed a rustling; additionally a low growl became audible.
“Hey, Kitten, do you know how to fight?”Sokk asked from behind.
“Yes, I’m pretty good at it...” the growl became louder, and a pair of large shining eyes appeared from the deep.
“How about you watch us then and tell us how good we are?”
He hardly finished the sentence when, from the woods, leaped a large white blur with gleaming red dots. It snarled, and continued to growl while drool dripping from its serrated mouth. It was angry, and it was hungry.
But at once, the four surrounded it, weapons drawn. Circling it, Piko began barraging it with arrows, namely shooting at the ground. I’m not sure if it was strategic, but the wolf’s feet were soon pinned.
Sokk and Klarrann, each holding a lengthy blade, charged towards it at great speed, before each inserting the blades into the shoulders and making a wide cut to the thick.
“Pull back!” Kaya had suddenly called. In her hand was a stake comprised of fire and a fierce expression rivalling that of the beast. The wolf beckoned was still enraged but soon began to realise it was losing this battle, and moaned.
The bolt was then launched. It took off like a bird hearing the cries of its young before pounding into wolf with great force. It was knocked off its feet, and flew backwards with the remaining momentum from the fire. Not sure if it was perspective, but it seemed to shrink.
I’ve never seen a wolf grow to such mass before, I don’t know if I would have been able to take it down on my own, but these guys just took it down like it was nothing.
“Alright, who’s hungry? I know I am!” Klarrann spoke as if to relieve the post-battle tension. And the atmosphere was broken as they went back to the pot sitting in the flame.
“Would you like to join us for supper, Taiga?” Piko asked.
“Better, would you like to join us as part of our team?” Sokk added on. But the truth was I technically already have. I clenched the coiled band on my wrist, and then looked at them with as much seriousness I can muster.
“I’m in!”
Back to top Go down
http://piko-komorika.tumblr.com/
Akayame

Akayame

Prowess Point : 14962
God's Blessing : 83

PostSubject: Re: Mabinogi Generation 1 - Chapter 2: The Butterflies and the Wolf   Mabinogi Generation 1 - Chapter 2: The Butterflies and the Wolf I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 5:46 am

Haha kaya's such a hardass I love it. Can't wait to read the next instalment.
Back to top Go down
Sokkun
Admin
Sokkun

Prowess Point : 29598
God's Blessing : 4038

PostSubject: Re: Mabinogi Generation 1 - Chapter 2: The Butterflies and the Wolf   Mabinogi Generation 1 - Chapter 2: The Butterflies and the Wolf I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 11:19 pm

You ask me recently if it capture all of us pretty well. It does. I was confuse as to who the heck is Taiga, then I realize it was Kitty, Lol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/aznboi88
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mabinogi Generation 1 - Chapter 2: The Butterflies and the Wolf   Mabinogi Generation 1 - Chapter 2: The Butterflies and the Wolf I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mabinogi Generation 1 - Chapter 2: The Butterflies and the Wolf
Page 1 of 1