Chou
Be A Member. Sign Up or Login <3 Come Join Our Peaceful Paradise.
Chou
Be A Member. Sign Up or Login <3 Come Join Our Peaceful Paradise.
Chou
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for members of Chou to interact outside of Mabinogi. Our outside Paradise.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kendrik

Kendrik

Prowess Point : 13058
God's Blessing : 11

Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh? Empty
PostSubject: Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh?   Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 4:11 am

Hey Chou, been a while. o/

So, a little while ago, someone brought to my attention that Mabi is under new management, and that they're going to take steps to try and fix the train-wreck that's been going on so far. I thought I'd share this with you guys, in case you haven't heard about it. Very Happy

Not only will a lot of bugs be fixed with the "Grand Bug Eradication" (as well as reducing, or eliminating, lag and other abnormalities), but they're changing and improving upon the combat system, and old content. Hopefully, things'll get nicely repaired, and we won't have this "Power Creep" Cero pointed out, among other imbalances. And if they're reforming pre-existing content, I can only hope that means future content will be up to par as well.

To start things off, they're revamping Close Combat, to make it a more viable option for end-game (or any level, for that matter). I imagine they'll keep moving from the oldest to the newest content in future updates.

Don't quote me on this, as I can't speak for it's validity, but I heard in an interview with the new CEO, he said he wants the game to last at least another 10 years. I'm really glad to see the new people involved with Mabi want to fix it, and try to bring out more of the potential it has. I've got high hopes for the future. \o/

Who knows, maybe Cero will want to play again...? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sokkun
Admin
Sokkun

Prowess Point : 29583
God's Blessing : 4038

PostSubject: Re: Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh?   Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 4:55 pm

Bro! I'm totally up for that! I am starting to slowly come back to Mabinogi. <3 It is my other life after all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/aznboi88
!xCero

!xCero

Prowess Point : 15135
God's Blessing : 50

PostSubject: Re: Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh?   Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 1:04 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmmm............. >_____>

I don't knooooow... But if it's turning out great I may consider returning.

I've been having a blast playing Terraria and Spore in the meantime... along with other Steam games. 154 hours on Terraria (this one person logged 4,000+ hours as seen on his/her review posting!), 34 hours on Spore, 320+ hours on Final Fantasy 8 <_<. I also (temporarily) work full-time right now too, so that's why my hours are low compared to what you all would normally think. Smile

This doujin game also got so many hours from me. Touhou Pocket Wars EVO+. It plays sort of like a combat card game.
Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh? Ss01_b10
Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh? Ss02_b10
Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh? Ss03_b10
Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh? Ss04_b11

I also want to admit that Nexon might not be the crappiest game company out there. Valve's Steam client has a terrible backup and restore utility ever since it was implemented ~5 years ago, some games don't even work nor have warnings that it may not work on your computer before you buy it, and the same client glitches (mainly cloud saves not completing) with so many games whether it was made 5 years ago or yesterday. After just ~3 months of using Steam, I'm confident to say Valve is worse than Nexon.

Last edited by !xCero on Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:32 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Yeah... I love Touhou Project...)
Back to top Go down
Sokkun
Admin
Sokkun

PostSubject: Re: Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh?   Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 7:00 pm

Dood I want to play that Touhou game, looks mega cool.
Back to top Go down
!xCero

!xCero

PostSubject: Re: Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh?   Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 8:05 pm

Sokkun wrote:
Dood I want to play that Touhou game, looks mega cool.

Use this link to get it.

http://moriyashrine.weebly.com/touhou-pocket-wars-evo.html

Also I should note that this is only a single-player game. There is no online versus mode or anything. The screenshot of me playing against that other person named, "King of Gensokyo" is just a generated computer player. You will also need to change your computer's default language for non-unicode programs to Japanese so you won't get those random squares and to display all of the text properly. Mine has those squares because I recently got my computer fixed and haven't changed the non-unicode setting yet.

And you'll want these links to get more details on the gameplay and etc. This game has a pretty steep learning curve with lots of strategy, and gets pretty awesome once you get the hang of things.

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Pocket_Wars_EVO

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Pocket_Wars_EVO/Gameplay
Back to top Go down
Pikochu

Pikochu

Prowess Point : 15567
God's Blessing : 61

PostSubject: Re: Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh?   Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 12:19 pm

Here's the trailer for renovations :3
Back to top Go down
http://piko-komorika.tumblr.com/
!xCero

!xCero

PostSubject: Re: Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh?   Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 3:33 pm

Fxck! That video was pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
!xCero

!xCero

PostSubject: Re: Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh?   Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 2:56 pm

Nexon needs to use this as a base for archery revamp.

And this is pretty neat too.

Back to top Go down
!xCero

!xCero

PostSubject: Re: Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh?   Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 11:54 pm

Huh. Path of Exile is getting a huge update in a month, and so is Mabi NA with the Renovation finally...

http://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/all/1/00IRK/mabinogi-renovation-close-combat-preview

If it all goes well, then I should dust off all my gear.
Back to top Go down
Kendrik

Kendrik

Prowess Point : 13058
God's Blessing : 11

PostSubject: Re: Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh?   Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 7:57 am

Yep, 'bout time it finally came to NA. I was starting to wonder if they were going to release all three class updates at once, since it was taking a while.

If we're ever on at the same time, we should do something. \o/ I'm normally on for most of the day, but I've been playing Ragnarok Online for nostalgia's sake the past few days. I imagine once the update is here though, I'll be playing Mabi most of the time again for a good while.

I'd like to do more with the rest of you guys, too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
!xCero

!xCero

PostSubject: Re: Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh?   Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 5:41 pm

Kendrik wrote:
Yep, 'bout time it finally came to NA. I was starting to wonder if they were going to release all three class updates at once, since it was taking a while.

If we're ever on at the same time, we should do something. \o/ I'm normally on for most of the day, but I've been playing Ragnarok Online for nostalgia's sake the past few days. I imagine once the update is here though, I'll be playing Mabi most of the time again for a good while.

I'd like to do more with the rest of you guys, too. Very Happy

Hey, awesome to still see you hangin' around here! I actually check these forums a few times a week now since when I stopped playing Mabi.
Back to top Go down
!xCero

!xCero

PostSubject: Re: Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh?   Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 1:57 pm

(Sorry for double posting a lot if it bothers anyone, but I do this to update thread statuses since I've tested and found that editing existing posts don't update threads for others to see, I think...)

OK so the renovation for melee is live, so let me know how it goes and if it lives up to its hype via replies to this thread. I want to see how these things actually play out before I really come back.
Back to top Go down
Pikochu

Pikochu

PostSubject: Re: Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh?   Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 1:52 pm

30 MINUTE PEACA INT YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Back to top Go down
!xCero

!xCero

PostSubject: Re: Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh?   Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 2:22 am

Pikochu wrote:
30 MINUTE PEACA INT YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That absolutely does not help inform me about any realities of the renovation melee update. I'm not gonna log on just so you all can drag me into one... OTL
Back to top Go down
Pikochu

Pikochu

PostSubject: Re: Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh?   Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 8:04 am

Sorry, I was excited. So personally I feel the engine starting up much faster, which I can probably assume means they weeded some crap out. Also my friends found the new skills pretty easy train. All I can derive from observation and speculation is that dual wielding is gonna be hella op again... and I want a RNG revamp.
Back to top Go down
Pikochu

Pikochu

PostSubject: Re: Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh?   Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 6:59 am

Not really a fan of Lets Plays but here's a little demonstration of what the revamp does along with the new skills.
Back to top Go down
Akayame

Akayame

Prowess Point : 14947
God's Blessing : 83

PostSubject: Re: Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh?   Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 10:02 pm

Ohhh i love bobo's vids though Very Happy

Also, for Cero: The smash debuffs are pretty good. the prot/def one with axes is going to be very useful, like the same effect from fighter. the DOT from the sward smash does like 77/sec  ....i think for me. FH is really improved as well. The big one though is BASH (aka epic beat down) this skill more than anything else brings mele on par with gunner/fighter/puppetry. here's what it looks like against a crystal golem,

Here's one that shows damage, my stats at the beginning and weapon info at the end

Sorry I got sidetracked around the middle.....
improvement or not, i really hope to see you on mabi again Cero ...........i miss you ;-;
Back to top Go down
!xCero

!xCero

PostSubject: Re: Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh?   Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh? I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 12:21 am

Hm... I see...

Side-note here but was INT magic desync ever fixed? The thing that rubberbands you after using Thunder or Ice Spear until you fire a magic bolt to fix yourself? What about rafting desync?
Back to top Go down
Akayame

Akayame

PostSubject: Re: Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh?   Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh? I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 5:32 pm

um....magic no longer causes me any problems, I haven't rafted since before the combat update. it was still wonky at the time but there's been really no reason to raft much after the treasure hunter update came out.
Back to top Go down
!xCero

!xCero

PostSubject: Re: Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh?   Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh? I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 8:54 pm

Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh? Mr_bmp10

So... How's Erinn these days? Just tinkering around Hoenn region on this side.
Back to top Go down
Akayame

Akayame

PostSubject: Re: Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh?   Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh? I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 10:01 pm

nice mightyena, i just been grinding out lightning rod, r3 and out of AP ....as usual
Back to top Go down
!xCero

!xCero

PostSubject: Re: Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh?   Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh? I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 1:35 am

Ah, so same old usual business. I'm still on the lookout for the updates to Mabi, but also the updates to Path of Exile and Terraria... So many cool things to look at in the next couple months. If the archery renovation update gets implemented as quickly as the magic renovation did, I *might* hop on to play around with all 3 skill sets a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sokkun
Admin
Sokkun

PostSubject: Re: Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh?   Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 6:48 pm

It would be great to have you back on Mab, not many logs on much anymore. Its so sad for me to see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh?   Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mabi is getting revamped! About time, eh?
Page 1 of 1